Why Should I Do a Clearance Search for a Trademark?
Protect Your Brand
Instant Results and Analysis. Easy-to-use.
A trademark clearance search is an essential first step before launching a new brand. Trademark clearance searches can identify significant registration risks. Two of the main issues are identifying whether any prior applications or registrations are so similar and for such related goods or services that they are likely to be confused, and identifying whether the potential mark is conceptually strong or weak. Choosing poorly can require a business to rebrand, a process that takes time, effort, and money, and risks losing established customers.
Traditionally, trademark searches have been done by the brand owner personally or by an attorney or paralegal operating on their behalf. Brand owners can search using manual search engines like the US Patent & Trademark Office’s TESS database or its commercial imitators, and attorneys or paralegals can use these tools or professional versions that have more reporting features.
You have already found a better way to search. TrademarkClear.com provides you with an instant, statistically-generated analysis of mark strength and confusion risks on the USPTO registry. You do not need to figure out how to use a complicated manual search tool or come up with search strategies: TrademarkClear.com divides up your mark into its component parts, does dozens of mark similarity searches and thousands of goods-and-services and class comparisons for you, and instantly highlights the most similar prior pending applications or registrations.
While TrademarkClear.com was designed by a trademark lawyer, it is not a lawyer or a law firm – it is software that provides a statistical analysis of trademark data. If you want a legal opinion, you will need to hire a lawyer.
- What Jurisdictions Are Available for Searching?
- What Is a Trademark?
- What Factors Go Into Picking a "Good" Trademark?
- How Much Are Trademarks Worth?
- What Is the Difference Between a Trademark, a Copyright, and a Patent?
- How Do I Get Trademark Protection?
- Why Should I Do a Clearance Search for a Trademark?
- What Is the Benefit of Registering a Trademark With the USPTO?
- What Is the Cost To File a Trademark Application?
- What Is an International Class In a Trademark Application?
- What Are Goods and Services In a Trademark Application?
- What Does an Examining Attorney Look For When Reviewing a Trademark Application?
- When Is There a Likelihood of Confusion Between Two Marks?
- What Is an Acceptable Specimen of Use?
- What Is the Difference Between the Principal Register and the Supplemental Register?
- How Long Does It Take To Register a Trademark?
- How Long Does a Trademark Last?
- What Is the Madrid Protocol?
- What Is the Nice Agreement?
- What Is the Paris Convention?
- How Do I Properly Use My Trademark?
- How Do I Protect My Trademark?
- What Trademark Symbol Should I Use?
- What Is Trademark Infringement?
- How Do Trademark Rights Relate to Domain Names (and What Is a UDRP)?
- How Do Trademark Rights Relate to Business Name Rights?
- How Do I Form a Business Entity?